Saturday, October 16, 2010

Finding the new you

After almost 4 months I started even more to change. And I can realize a lot more easier the changes I'm going through. And I appreciate in a strange way all the cultural shocks.

I appreciate the lack of electricity. After you finish all your work on a paper and you even reply in writing to your urgent e-mails, you can rest. You are actually obliged to rest, because there's nothing else you can do. And it's not that bad :)

I plan the meetings with a buffer time of one hour at least, because I don't know what might happen, so sometimes I finish work earlier because everything happened in time (my time :) ), sometimes I finish just in time because everything happened in the buffer time :)

We know we cannot find anything opened after 10 p.m., so before that we know we need to make sure that we have everything we need for that night - cigarettes, alcohol, water etc. So that way, rarely we are missing something at night :)

I also started to change for a personal point of view; even my parents realize the changes I'm going through. I'm cleaning very often my locker, I'm taking more care of my things, I'm more reserved in buying food (because I don't have enough money and because I don't need everything), I'm buying only important and useful things, I'm washing my own clothes, I'm cooking a lot more than at home. Also, I know that now I cannot work in dirty rooms, I like clean things and organized, I still don't eat the cookies I'm baking... and so many things. I also know that you never know what the future will be in the moment you decide anything, so specially in the case when you are leaving from your loved ones, make sure you will not regret anything that might happen. And I've become even more patient and diplomatic - I never knew I can I do it even more :)

And then is the other thing we realized we are going through... we are always trying new things (specially from the food point of view), mostly because we are trying to find the things we like at home. Peru is still searching for "that" bread, I'm still looking for that "cheese" and Sasha is still searching for "that" chocolate. And it's funny... because this little things, when you actually discover them, they are making you so so happy... so now we are even more aware of how little things can make your day :)

And I never actually miss home. I don't actually miss the persons in my life, I'm still talking with them so everything is pretty normal. I'm missing the things I'm used to... my car, the buses, a coffee in Saturday morning in a bakery, shopping with my parents every weekend, a club with my girls. I'm missing habits...

But now I'm starting to be more happy. I'm starting to assimilate everything that happened to me from the moment I came here, I'm even more aware of the reasons I decided to come, I'm starting to communicate with people around me in a more profound way (persons from home, but also persons from DR), I discovered which persons are really important to me and I want to keep as friends, and most important... I have my tickets for the Christmas holiday in Romania. So now, I know I will spend 3 weeks in my home :) for sure :) And on my way to Romania I will have the change to visit a little bit Madrid and Rome :) Maybe someone wants to join me? (please reply to my e-mail :P )

PS: yesterday when I was preparing myself to go and buy the ticket, at 7 in the morning, I felt on the stairs and I hurt my hand pretty bad; and it's the right hand, which already had problems. But I was thinking that was a small price I had to pay for my trip to Romania. And I knew all along I'm going home for Christmas; I had a Polo red Volkswagen that drove in from of me the entire road... so I knew I had a small help from my good friend and that he wants me to get home :)

No comments:

Post a Comment