Sunday, June 13, 2010

Before the departure

I wanted to much to write the first post before the departure; because I wanted to have somewhere clearly stated the reasons for my decision to spend 1 year in another country/culture, 10.000 km away from home, and because this way I could capture what I was truly feeling before.

Everything started in November 2009, when everybody was asking me what I wanted to do after my term as Alumni Manager in AIESEC in Romania. I found a place and a position which fitted very well my wishes: I felt that I can help AIESEC in that country develop more and in the same time I was going to get to know myself a lot more. In the end, there were 5 reasons behind my decision:

1. I wanted a time apart from my parents
2. I wanted a time apart from the guys in my life
3. I wanted to (re)discover myself
4. I wanted to prove myself I can do it, that I'm capable of fulfilling all my objectives
5. I wanted to help AIESEC in the Dominican Republic

I don't want to forget the reasons for my decision; every single time when I will feel alone, tired, when I will want to go back home, I will remember the reasons and the fact that I always deliver on my promises and that I never quit.

The second thing, which I think is important for this moment: the way I feel right now. I never counted the days until my depature and I never thought about how is it going to be. I don't like setting expectations, because usually you get disappointed. I have no idea how is it going to be and I don't want to think about this. Also, I will never count the days there or the days until I will get back. I want to fully live the experience, an experience which is going to change my perspectives, my way of thinking, my way of being, me.

No comments:

Post a Comment